Inspiring Strength, Mommyhood, Parenting, Uncategorized

Happy Monday!!!

So this past weekend was supposed to be a super fun weekend since Don’s birthday is on Tuesday I decided that it Saturday would be a great day to have a Daddy and Ray day for his birthday. I had everything planned. First we were going to go out for breakfast. Then we were going to run a couple errands since we were in town. After that we were going to spend a while at the Children’s Discovery Museum since Don has never been there and wanted to see what Ray was always talking about after I would take him. By that point it would be about lunch time. After lunch we would take the museum pass back to the library (I can check out a pass for a week that gets us into the museum for free). At the library they were having a puppet show for the kids so we were also going to do that before heading home to hang out make dinner and have cake and ice cream with the family.

Well, lets just say that from the start things did not happen how they should have. Don wasn’t feeling great when he woke up but said that he would be fine. We were running late to go to breakfast and the place we wanted to go was full. So we went somewhere else. In the process of getting to the other place and all the turning around we had to do, Ray got car sick. But not until we were seated at our table in the restaurant. Apparently after that he said he felt much better and that we needed to go to the museum. We did at least get to stay at the museum for a while before Don said that he need me to take him to Ready Med. So off we went to drop him off and try to wait around town to get him once he was done.

Ray and I then took the pass back to the library and went to get lunch. We then ran a couple of errands and headed home so he could rest and watch a movie. I definitely did not want him to nap just incase Don needed me to come back and pick him up. Which he did but only after the movie was finished about four and a half hours after I dropped him off. It turns out that he was passing a kidney stone and that is why he was in so much pain. (I feel so bad that we were dragging him all over town.) By the end of the day I was just done. The day had not turned out how I had wanted it to and definitely was did not go as planned.

Before we went to bed that night I sat and thought about all the things we did do that day. Even though they were not as planned and we really didn’t get to spend much time with Don, Ray was still able to have some fun and we had a little adventure that day. He was so happy just to see his dad and spend time showing him stuff at the museum and then me and him got to have a little lunch date which we never do. I hope when he remember this day that he remembers how much fun he had. Even though all of my own plans were falling through. We always have to remember that sometimes we have to be flexible and just go with the flow. I definitely learned that on Saturday and was so proud of myself for keeping my cool and not getting all upset about things not going right. We had fun and then we were able to care for Don the rest of the night and on Sunday.

Photo from Pinterest

Leave a Reply