Check out how to make my seasoned sweet potatoes!! They are a great side to any meal that is really quick and easy to make and somewhat healthy for you.
Ever since I began training, I have tried to switch from eating regular potatoes to eating more sweet potatoes. I have tried just doing a baked potato in the microwave with them, I have tried doing mashed potatoes with them. I know most people like to put brown sugar and stuff on theirs I, however, like to just season mine with salt and pepper and maybe a little butter. Lately I have been really into doing seasoned baked sweet potatoes. They are great when you are meal prepping and need to make up a bunch quick. I usually put them in individual containers so I can take them to work as a side to my salad.
– Skin you sweet potatoes (2-3 larger ones makes about a cookie sheet worth of them)- Dice them up into bite sized pieces and place into a bowl
– Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil over the potatoes. Make sure all of them are coated in it.
– Sprinkle a little salt, pepper, and Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning on them and stir so each piece is coated
– Spread out onto a 9×13 baking sheet
– Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until you can stick a fork in the larger pieces.
– Serve while warm
Refrigerate any left overs and just reheat. When I was working I would divide them up and have them as a side with my salad for lunch.
One thing that I do to make clean up even easier is cover my baking sheet with tin foil so all I have to do is throw that away and the pan is still clean.
I hope you all enjoy!!! Let me know what you think.